Tuesday, December 03, 2019

Flour Tortillas and Salsa

I got up at 6:00 in the morning to make homemade flour tortillas because I didn't have anything to make for breakfast. I had no eggs, no bread, no tortillas of any kind and thus there was nothing to do with my cheese or peanut butter unless I made tortillas so I did that and they came out perfect for the first time in my life. Along with that I made some salsa using jalapeno, onion, garlic, tomato, a dash of lemon juice along with salt and pepper. That came out perfect as well so after breakfast (quesadilla with salsa) I took a portion of what I had made to work with the intention of giving some to Safa who I keep promising Mexican food to but I had to take enough for my other coworkers as well so that it wouldn't look weird.

Then the Palestinian line cook didn't show up yet again so, in having to make up for his absence, we were busy as hell. In short, I never got the chance to invite all my coworkers to partake of the food at once but I made sure to offer some to Safa at the end of her shift when she typically makes her falafel wrap to go. Instead of using a pita bread for the wrap, she threw a flour tortilla on the grill to get it nice and hot. Then she made her typical falafel wrap but added the salsa in with the usual ingredients. She took a bite and said this is good. I smiled and said thanks. She took another bite and her eyes got big and she said "This is REALLY good!!" Nothing else about my day before or after that mattered, that made my day. Teh end!

No comments: